At Covera Health, we believe that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses that often lead to poor patient outcomes. Using our proprietary framework, we've helped thousands of patients recover from injury and illness better, faster, and more affordably. We're looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist with a specialty in machine learning to join us in our fight to democratize access to high-quality, cost-effective care.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Covera Health, you'll lead and contribute to mission-critical internal and customer-facing analyses and scientific research activities by developing models and algorithms to better understand the connections between healthcare provider characteristics, care quality, and patient care patterns and outcomes. This role will also include helping to shape Covera Health’s data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities and helping to lead and mentor junior members of the data science team.
You will be expected to:
• Work with a variety of healthcare data, including: longitudinal claims data, healthcare provider profile data, medical images, medical reports, and proprietary diagnostic imaging exam quality assessment data
• Create, extend, and validate models for prediction and classification
• Contribute to the enhancement and extension of the data analytics pipelines and environment
• Collaborate with data science team members and other colleagues on data analysis projects and research activities
• Communicate the results of analysis and research projects to internal and external stakeholders
• Lead and mentor junior members of the data science team
• Help to shape Covera Health’s data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities
• Perform other duties and contribute to additional initiatives/projects, as deemed appropriate by the Company’s management team.
You'll be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time-off, and a nice, new office space. Most importantly, you'll get to work with an incredible team of other smart, motivated people who are passionate about changing healthcare for the better!